For my version of the cover, I decided to use colored rays coming from the bottom right corner. I tried a couple differenct variations of adding the square shapes in different colors to represent film strips.
My final design used black film squares and also involved warping the text to fit better.
For page 3 of the book, I created a riddle for "The Fault In Our Stars". I began by creating outlines of the text and then using the shape builder tool to separate the text to appear like a faultline. I went with blue and white as it seemed representative of stars in the night sky.
Similar to the previous riddle, I created outlines of the text and used the shape builder tool to take pieces of the the word 'games'. I also used the pencil tool to add the crumb details around the edges. This "Hunger Games" riddle was used on page 24 of the final book.
Here is my final bitmap image of sunglasses. I created the image on Photoshop using a 32 x 32 pixel workspace and later sizing up the image.
Here are my final bitmap image of a coffee mug. It was created in the same manner as the sunglasses, but the colors were inverted.
For my digital storytelling project, I wanted to create a game about camping and bring humor to all the ways that things could go wrong. I have had my fair share of camping mishaps and still had some of the best trips ever despite them all.
For my game, I created pixelized images and animations using Adobe Photoshop. I was inspired by games such as the Oregon Trail, but kept my version a bit more domestic and just went with a story of an overnight camping trip. I hope you enjoy! Click Here to Play the Game!